Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Grocery Store curse...

Why is it that I always forget at least one item at the grocery store? I'm an obsessive list maker, I write it down, then I recopy it about three times, making my writing all pretty and putting my list in aisle order of the store {yes, I memorized it - I could draw you a map of my SuperTarget from memory} - if I make a mistake I start over - then I go & I shop & I feel good about everything. Then I get home and start putting things away...let the swearing begin...never fails. I consult the list - and there it is in my pretty handwriting - my confession: once I'm shopping I rarely look at my pretty list. What's that about? Not only do I need therapy, I also need a package of large flour tortillas and green chile enchilada sauce...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm the same way although I don't recopy 3x just once from fridge on going list to an index card in pretty writting. And I hardly ever look at the card --- it just floats around in my purse. The good news is I usually buy other things I don't need, which may explain why I sometimes eat popcorn and HagenDaz for dinner. : )

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lynda J P said...

u r too funny, i write a list and sometimes go off the list. sorry u forgot your tortillas and enchilada sauces...sounds yummy though.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

did you say HAGENDAZ & POPCORN??? for dinner??? wow, I'm coming to your house tonight, you're my kinda girl...

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome to my house any time : ) But you might have to bring some of those Jalepeno strips w/you alas there is no Sonic w/in 1000 miles.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home