Monday, August 07, 2006

Building the box village & sending it on its way...

Well, if you were in my CKU-A Atlanta High Society class, you'll be happy to know that your boxes went out today!!! Due to a packing mishap, I showed up in Atlanta to discover that my class kits {which are packed off site from where I am in Dallas} were filled with red, blue and brown embellishments {from our Polo line} and pink, orange & purple paper {from the girly collection}. It made for a very interesting hour to say the least! Ladies, your sense of humor during the situation did my heart good. Soon you will be receiving all the Polo paper & a full assortment of girly embellishments to complete the album we built in class as well as to build another album in its original, intended colors.

I had been hoping to get these out last week, but needed to break out my child labor {my visiting cousins}* to get them finished up today. We kitted, folded, stuffed, labeled & taped the day away - 118 doesn't sound like many kits - until you stack them up in your office. *if you read this: thank you Amy & Meg! So today all the UPS went & tomorrow I'm doing the USPS run {Canada, Brazil, South Africa, post office boxes, etc...}

While waiting for the product to arrive from the hotel {where it had arrived the Monday after we all had gone home}, I made all my students thank you/apology notes. They were really fun to make. I sat down with my ink pads & a big bag of random two-fold fasteners and whipped these up. Seeing all of them together was such a rainbow it made me smile. Feel free to take them apart & steal the fastener for a page or paper project. I just can't thank all of you enough for your good attitude & smiles...you guys rock!

Let me know when your boxes come - just comment on this thread. If you don't receive your box in a week, email me. There were two on my list with illegible addresses. Thanks again to all of you!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that must have been dreadful. You're the best, Em!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a woman! Your students are so lucky!

9:04 AM  
Blogger ScrappyGuy said...

Emily,
You did such a great job with the class that day. I don't think anyone cared that they had different papers. The envie album came out so adorable! I am making mine for my classroom parent this year. Thanks a bunch!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger em said...

Emily,

I got my kit today also. Thank you so much, you did a wonderful job. You kept your cool and I am sure everybody appreciates your efforts to make up for the mistake.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily- I just got home and found my box waiting for me! THANK YOU!! You truly went above and beyond on this. I Loved your class and it was such treat to meet you in person in Atlanta. Now, as soon as I can some work done, I will reward myself and play with my new toys. Thanks again!

Shannon

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHH -my box just arrived!!! What a fun present to open and I LOVE your little card thing! You probably could have fooled all of us that you really did have the correct supplies - but getting more is even more fun - THANKS

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart you are for making this situation right! Making handmade notes to each student puts you at the top of any teacher I've ever met.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my goodies on Tuesday. It was a great ending to a bad day. You are superb and I loved the note, it gave it a personal touch. Loved the products, I am now a huge Magic scraps fan. You went out of your way and I so appreciate it.

On another subject how will the CK Online classes work. I would definity be interested in your classes. You are a suberb instructor.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my box - thank you! It was a great class and I loved the note!
Amanda

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home