Tuesday, March 14, 2006

...discover glue stamping

I was going through some of my layouts today and I ran across this one...and it gave me an idea.

I thought I'd share one of my techiniques with you here & challenge you to create something using the same technique...

Glue Stamping
I have lots of foam stamps & I still buy more, so I wanted to figure out something different to do with them other than using acrylic paint. Well, I'm a bit of an adhesive nut and thought I'd try stamping in glue then adding glitter. Totally works & I really like the distressed finish - check out the title.

I recommend Scrappy Glue - it was the easiest to clean off the stamps and it works really well on just about anything. Apply a thin even coat of glue to the stamp with a cosmetic sponge, press onto your paper and quickly add glitter (or sand or whatever you're using) one letter or image at a time so that the glue doesn't dry. Immediately rinse foam stamps in warm water to wash off all traces of glue. If you want to "fix" an area that's missing glue, go in with a paintbrush for repairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home