Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Facing facts - I'm an addict


The first step towards healing is admitting you have a problem - Yes, America, I am an OLYMPIC JUNKIE!

And why not? They're fabulous! The Olympic opening ceremonies tonight (7 PM CST, NBC) will be followed by 35 thousand spectators at the Stadio Olimpico and by approximately 2 billion television spectators the world wide.

Here are some fun facts of tonight's ceremonies:
6,100 volunteers and 240 professionals
15,000 days of work
100,000 meals
6,100 scene costumes during the two shows
500 pairs of skates
32 television cameras present at the Stadio
13,120 sq ft of stage purposely designed
32,800 sq ft of back stage
More than 150 18-wheelers to transport the stage, structures, lights, audio, and special effects
More than 62 miles of cables

and, yes, I know I'm a nerd :)

Here's the Olympic blog run by about.com

Now here's what kills me - it's 2006 & this is what they come up with for the mascots of the olympics - Q-Tip Girl & Marshmallow-Head Boy. Seems a shame to mix all the natural beauty of Torino with these squishy thingies - but who knows? Maybe in 14 days I'll miss them...


Check out Torino~pretty, isn't it? Why can't we have a scrapbooking convention there?

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

OMG!!! You are SO right.. Qtip and Marshmallow! C'mom people... surely they could have found something better!

9:36 PM  
Blogger kateolynch said...

silly girl. . .don't the olympics start on friday? atleast that's what I thought i heard.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I can't wait for the figure skating. I'm a figure skating junkie!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home