Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blue on the Brain...

I've been busy...and as a result I have my weekly designs done in the first half of the week instead of the last half (miracle). So since I was done early I wanted to share my latest...

This is my new Catch 52 kit - I wanted to do a calendar/journaling kit so I made 4 circle journaling spots and 6 calendar rings that can hook around the edges of the lined circles. My inspiration was a vintage plate I liked...

Something about the look of the font (retro) and the idea of the months circling a central design inspired me. I love this plate...and anything with vintage calendars. I am always on the lookout for fun finds!


It's like blue week over here...lol.Feels like everything I do is in shades of blue this week.

Our sales were pretty good last week. We were getting our envelopes ready for the post office, and Matt started to bag them up in a Target bag (we're overrun with them). When it became apparent they weren't going to fit, we both muttered "We're gonna need a bigger boat" - and that was the moment I knew...Our next set HAD to be a Jaws tribute. I LOVE this movie. These were SO much fun to put together & I got to listen to Jaws while I was doing them.

CLASS KIT UPDATE: I still have some $5 mini album kits available! Help me spread the word...these kits are worth $15, but I'm clearing them out for $5 because Matt says I HAVE to get them OUT of the house!!!! More details & photos on Monday's post...

5 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

Hey girl...hope you're staying warm today! We have a cool Spring Fling graphic you can use on your blog if you'd like. It's on our event site homepage (http://funkyfinds.us/springfling)

Also, if you ever want to turn your blog into three columns to fancy it up, check out Joe's Blog Help 911 (http://www.bloghelp911.blogspot.com/)

Jess

11:16 AM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Hey there!

LOVE these calendar rounds...my fav is calendars & circle so how perfect for me ;0)

Hope you're doing well!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Your creation is just CUTE! I love your inspiration piece, pretty clever!

1:44 PM  
Blogger amytangerine said...

very cool!!
:)

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaws is on this afternoon! :) I watched part of it, and when I saw these I just laughed... So great!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home