Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

BTW...if you're want more frequent updates on me, I'm spending a heck-of-a-lot-of-time on facebook. So add me & lmk you're a blog reader!

I SEE: Gran Torino

Where do I begin...this movie was not what we expected. Here's an opening statement - not only did my husband stay awake through it, he wants to see it again (if you know Matt, you know how significant that is!).

Yes there is very strong language. For once, I can honestly say it was integral to character development and the story line. And, yes, sometimes the violence was so painfully real it was difficult to watch. With that said, this story had so many well crafted layers and lessons in it we think every parent with a teen child should go see it to start a real conversation about prejudice, inter-generational relations, respect, violence, faith, friendship, love & family. Now - parents, we recommend you go alone first and make the independent decision your child is "old enough" to handle it...but it has been years since a movie generated such genuine conversations about morals and values between me & my spouse. It was awesome. And poignant. And in its own way beautiful.

I HEAR: The Bad Dog
Yes, I've picked a favorite. My parents have 2 dogs - Lady & Curly. I told Lady she was my favorite this week and Curly officially is in my "dog house". When I was over there on Wednesday they got out. Lady surrendered herself in their front yard and submitted to being put on the leash. But curly the little...fur turd...barked and yipped and RAN over two blocks before I caught him. (stop-sprint, stop-sprint, stop-sprint) And of course, I was wearing the worst shoes possible for an impromptu dog marathon & as a result I still have sore ankles.

I TASTE: Fresh Blueberry Muffins

When we ran to my aunt & uncle's Saturday morning to pick up our weekly coop box (which, btw included - apples, carrots, nectarines, mushrooms, blueberries, lettuce, grapefruit & sweet potatoes this week) my aunt was just taking some fresh blueberry muffins out of the oven. We got a KILLER deal on blueberries last week at the market (.50 a pint!!!), so we've been eating them a lot lately. But these, these were so good it was almost sinful!

I TOUCH: SewGoods





One of the IndieFrenzy services we offer is etsy shop management. One of our clients is SewGoods (OK, I confess, she is my mother-in-law, but she is a paying client), who does beautiful machine embroidered towels & novelty pillowcases. I've been doing a lot of photography for her & setting up her shop. Her work is lovely! You should go check out her full shop...I will be adding more all week.

I SMELL: Ocean Salt from LUSH

I get really dry skin when it's cold & I really try to take care of it. I love using the Ocean Salt as an intense scrub to remove dead/dry skin & refresh my hands & elbows. It's so abrasive you can't use it more than once a week - but the results are amazing! It is made up of a combo of sea salt, vodka & grapefruit juice (kind of like a Salty Dog) along with avocado & coconut oil, so it's all natural. My hands look 10 years younger for a few days every time I use it! If you have a LUSH in your area they always have it out for people to sample, so you can do your own treatment for free! You'll use the Ocean Salt first, then the Lemony Flutter & Dream Cream to rehydrate. It is so worth the trip to try it out! (I swear, some day I'm gonna work @ LUSH...I feel like I know their line as well as any employee!)

3 Comments:

Blogger cinnibonbon said...

heygirlie..I totally love your banner!!
Great post!!! I love this idea

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I love your Sense ational Sunday idea! What an AWESOME post! Beautiful photos and Yummy, my fav muffins are blueberry! Enjoyed the read.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

great post!!!!!! those muffins look divine!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home