Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

And - yes. This is the midnight version. I've had a couple of late nights & am wiped out, but couldn't bear to miss a Sunday, so this week it will be short & sweet!

I SEE: Blood
I was with my stepmother @ Primacare on Saturday where she was getting stitches after a nasty fall. It's the first time I got woozy from the sight of blood and before I knew it I was on a bed in Primacare too...We're both fine. We just filled our drama quota for the weekend.

I HEAR: Friends
This week Ashley, Ben, Kate & I had our first IndieFrenzy meeting. Martha joined us for dinner another night. I had lunch with a high school friend. I spent the day with Amy & Meg one day and went to a party at Kandice's on New Year's. My brain overflowed with conversation, gossip & chatter.

I TASTE: Pinot Noir
Between Kandice's & Ashley's I think I set some kind of personal red wine consumption record this week. Which, face it, is not very impressive because I don't drink that much...but it was enough to merit my taste of the week.

I TOUCH: Old books & magazines
Another trip to the big Half Price Books Saturday morning yielded some great finds. I went through a zillion magazines & found some old Highlights for a project I want to do. I also picked up an Engrish book & a couple of manga books in Japanese.

I SMELL: Melted Carmex
I'm a Carmex addict. In the winter I keep one in the center console of my car because my lips get so chapped. {If you're a regular reader, you know I even have a crocheted Carmex cozy attached to my purse!} Well, yesterday we got up to 84 degrees...and bye bye car Carmex. It was oozing out the lid. Ugh. Texas weather...if you don't like it wait 24 hours. Tonight we're going to have a freeze. Unbelievable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home