Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Redneck Santa
Yes, that means we made the pilgrimage up to Bonham to the Adams family reunion. Redneck Santa is an EXPERIENCE, let me tell you. There are so many things I could say...but I know some little eyes read my blog - so I'll leave it at you just had to be there! Let your imagination run wild - it's worth an entire Foxworthy routine, trust me!

I HEAR: the Adams boys watching football
My father-in-law, Matt & new brother-in-law Tammy's David (I have 2 brothers in law named David now) watched the cowboy game in my living room Saturday night. Matt & David had kicked back quite a few and it was...well, it was really vocal.

I TASTE: Fudge

Thanks to Pam & Aunt Mary I indulged with fudge twice this week! It's so sinfully Christmas-y & delicious!

I TOUCH: Luxe-urious Journals

Every year all my nieces & nephews get journals & a little something from Aunt Emily & Uncle Matt. This year I made them all from Luxe products & loved the gorgeous results...

I SMELL: Chicken Wings
I got a great deal on wings at the grocery store & tried my bbq chicken drumstick recipe with wings instead. It was a total knockout! So if you missed it before - mix bbq sauce with peach preserves & yellow mustard and throw in a BIG package of chicken wings & set the crock pot on low for all day. They will be scrumptious and your house will smell amazing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

just so you know I did the bbq wings saturday, they were crazy YUMMO!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I do something similar with frozen meatballs ---I use apricot instead of peaches. My boys would eat them everyday for weeks if I made them that often. Their fav bbq sauce is sweet baby james, often on sale here in Atlanta. Happy holidays

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need a crockpot. . .everyone always seems to do fun things in them. . .one day!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful day!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home