Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009: A Year of Beginnings

2009: the beginning of a new era in EmilyWorld...

I no longer work full time. I am thrilled to still be doing some consulting work for Luxe (love them), but am really excited to pursue some of my own creative goals & passions this year. Here's a breakdown of what 2009 has in store...

CATCH 52
One thing I have figured out through my years in the scrapbooking industry. I love designing practical product. I am fixated on calendars, word art and clean, elementary graphic design because it is timeless, classic and can be used to compliment any style.

Now, I personally haven't converted to digital scrapbooking, but I use brushes and other digi elements and consider myself a hybrid girl. So the opportunity to create for PolkaDotPotato was just too good to pass up!

Catch 52 is a calendar line with attitude! I will be releasing a new piece of digital calendar art every week in 2009! (exclusively available at www.PolkaDotPotato.com) This line will have something for everyone - from funky & unusual to ultra traditional. I'm designing it as a hybrid user - so there will be brushes & printables as well as pure digi elements.

The first kit came out today...



IndieFrenzy
IndieFrenzy will offer website support and marketing services on a level that is affordable to individual artists selling their own creations.

We are so excited to be helping independent artists in a market that's more locally focused, globally friendly and uniquely original. IndieFrenzy is handmade marketing for a handmade world.

If you're already on Facebook or Myspace JOIN FOR MORE INFO:
Facebook - become friends with Indie Frenzy
Facebook - join the group IndieFrenzy
MySpace - be our friend www.myspace.com/indiefrenzy

Or you can visit our site www.indiefrenzy.com
Or email us at info@indiefrenzy.com

I'm starting I.F. with Ashley Smith & Kate Lynch. If you remember the names...YES, we are the "3 Amigos" from the original Magic Scraps. Back in the day, Kate & I worked for Ashley creating, educating, marketing, & selling Magic Scraps.

ManHandled


The button business is booming! Matt & I are having more fun than ever churning out new designs and look forward to having more time to devote to our shop. We've added a second ManHandled site on ArtFire.com for 2009.

The Bookie

As the button business picked up, we realized we needed ManHandled to be a specialized site - which meant no more mixed shop. Matt & I love making journals {and he's especially good at it} and we both wanted a paper-anything-goes store...so we just opened TheBookie.

StitchSlap!
As we talked through our shop specialization plans with the family, Meg came up with a shop concept she wanted to be the primary on that she wanted to do with me. StitchSlap! will be a softie toy, pin cushion & embroidery/miscellaneous punk sewing shop on etsy. More details coming soon...

Sign up for updates
So I'm *finally* dusting off my email newsletter list and will be starting a newsletter this year. So if you'd like details from on any of our new businesses, Luxe, PDP and occaisional coupons, special offers and exclusives please email emily@emilyadamsonfire.com and put "the list" in the subject line.

And if you're on facebook...so am I {a lot!}. It's a great way to keep up with my day-to-day. When you request me as a friend just let me know you're a blog reader & I will add you!

Well...that should keep me busy this year!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing...I always love the names you come up with!
Happy new year and lots of

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a busy woman! Best of luck with all your goals this year!!

I'm sure you'll have a lot of success!

Hugs, Gaby

12:51 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

This all sounds like such fun! I hope you have an amazing year :)

Angie

4:06 PM  
Blogger cottagerca said...

All the best with your goals of 2009.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and looking forward to all the things that 2009 brings from you. You are truely an inspiration. Love ya!!! - Amy H.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Justing popping in to wish you a wonderful 2009...looks like you got a full plate!

Can't wait to see what you have going...best of luck in your new adventure :0)

xoxoxo

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home