Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: My Friends
Saturday I saw all of my closest friends! It was such a good day. I ignored my sore throat & started out with lunch @ P.F. Chang's with Angie. Then we picked up Meg to go back to my house where Martha joined us. We all went over to Tracy's for a Stampin Up party where we saw Ashley too...then we headed back to my house for pizza and Angie, Meg & I went to the Twilight Movie party @ Borders in Old Town...awesome day!

I HEAR: The Shower Scene from Psycho

Creepy, isn't it? Yeah...it's my dad's cell phone ring tone. So he's been staying with us for a little over 4 weeks now and when you least expect it...well, it's the full score...it feels like it lasts almost as long as the clip. I love my dad. But that's just weird.

I TASTE: Jen's Chili
I read Jen's chili recipe on her blog and HAD to try it this week. I left out tie beer...not because I wanted to, I just forgot. I also added chopped tomatoes, fresh garlic and dark red kidney beans - and it was the perfect excuse to make cornbread. It was sooooo delicious - everyone in my family loved it & can't wait for me to make it again!

I TOUCH: Kleenex & Chloraseptic
Ignoring the sore throat was a bad call...well, maybe not - I probably would've ended up sick today anyway. I woke up hating life - sore throat, congested, full blown nasty sick. Just in time to go back to work. Yuck. At least I had some antibiotics on hand & am already somewhat better than this morning.

I SMELL: Lemon Chicken
I tried a new marinade recipe this week...one word AWESOME! This one is another must try!

Whisk together: lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper, melted butter, olive oil

Marinate chicken thighs in mixture for at least 2 hours and bake @ 400 degrees for about 30 minutes - or grill. Smells divine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home