Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

So, let's start with our BIG WINNER!!!

Congratulations to JULS who said...
"Love reading your blog. My name is Julia and I live in Gilroy California; The Garlic Capital of the World. Love your site been reading for about 10 months." at 10:12 PM
Please email your mailing address to emilyadamsonfire@gmail.com and I will ship you out your prize!

Now, on with our regularly scheduled Sunday post...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Falling Gas Prices

OMG...yes that's GAS UNDER $2!!!!! *happy dance*

I HEAR: Ella

How cute is this kid? Ella, my friend's daughter, used to...um...how do I put this??? Run away from me screaming?{lol} It was like a game "you can't hug me. you can't catch me." etc. Well, I don't know when exactly we turned the corner, but now it's "Hi Emily, let me draw you a picture. I love you. Pretend to be my mommy and throw me a party." I went over to Ashley & Ben's for several hours this week while Ben was resurrecting the information from my dead laptop and had lots of quality time with Ella, Gracie & Nolen.

I TASTE: Cavalli's
Bliss. After several weeks of being a "good girl" I forgot my lunch twice this week and *had* to go to Cavalli's for lunch. Not only have they been voted best pizza in Dallas (Big D magazine), they were just named best pizza in America (World Traveler magazine). They are light, fresh perfection & some of the friendliest people around. And they ordered some of Matt's buttons to boot!!!

I TOUCH: Clutter & Paint Chips

One of my goals is to de-clutter. I've already made arrangements for the Kidney foundation to pick up on Thursday, so I'm totally motivated. I really want to tackle my "guest bedroom" which has been the "dump room" for everything we can't figure out where to put since we bought our house 5 years ago. I also touch paint chips in an attempt to make a decision about our bedroom....hmmmmmmm. We were originally thinking blue, no - I wanted blue & Matt didn't. He suggested another warm color...and you know those golden, Tuscan sunset/torchlight/afternoon sun tones are my favorites. Now we just have to pick ONE.

I SMELL: Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake...
Here's the problem...it spilled everywhere! When I was picking up Chick Fil-A for my dad, I saw these on the menu for the holidays & had to try one. It looked & smelled fabulous! Unfortunately, when I picked it up the domed lid came off and it gushed all over my car, shoes, driveway, front steps, tile floor and kitchen counter. What was left was very tasty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw that peppermint shake and wondered if it was good...now I have to go get one!! :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home