Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Has it really been five years???

Mom...I think about her all the time. I still feel like I haven't taken the time to grieve yet. I miss her so much and I am stunned that today is the fifth anniversary of her death.

*sigh*

This year I can post with a bittersweet smile instead of the usual veil of tears...{maybe I am better adjusted this year}. So, instead of the usual photos ...I decided to post a couple that made me smile.

That face is "I can't believe you're taking my picture when I'm TRYING to fix my b-r-a strap!!!" There was mom, chatting away with some of her friends at church. That was "her spot". There were chairs there in the 70's...later they put in a pew. She always sat in the same spot to visit after church as long as I can remember.

I can still feel her hugs...I look at this and it's like a smile or a warm blanket.

Here are a few thank yous for my mom:
  • thank you for choosing to raise me
  • thank you for believing in me
  • thank you for teaching me every craft & hobby under the sun
  • thank you for making creativity a priority in our home
  • thank you for late night crafting sessions when I was WAY too young to be staying up that late!
  • thank you for all the wonderful memories.
I still miss:
  • your smile
  • our talks, especially your stories
  • the way you would run your fingers through my hair...
  • you.
Ok, that's it...any more and I will start crying. And today, well today is a day for remembering the good times.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She would be so proud of what a lovely woman you are. Thank you for sharing all these special memories!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I remember watching movies at your house, eating take out with your mom and so glad I had a friend who was as close to her mother as I am to mine.

I can't believe it's been 5 years- but I do know how very proud she was and still is of you. :-)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Susan Beth said...

Sounds like she gave you a great foundation to go forward on. Lost my mom eleven years ago last month. Its always a loss, never seems "normal" but there is comfort.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great way to honor her memory.
thanks for sharing this with us.
sandra

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful way of honoring her memory. thanks for sharing this with us.
sandra

3:57 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

A wonderful tribute to your Mom. Hugs sent your way. It's been 11 years since I lost mine and I know that sometimes the pain is just as fresh as if it were yesterday.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to remember her! I'm sure she's so proud of the wonderful woman you are.

((Hugs))

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie posted what I was going to say. She would have been soo proud of all you have done.

The thing that I will never forget about Alma. When I first met her, she commented to Greg, that he really should stop by more, and do so anytime. And you know anytime we did, she was always so welcoming. And we did stop by unannounced often :)

When my own mother died, she had some of the wisest words of comfort.

We miss her too.

Kim

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home