Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photoblast Actions...

I recently tried some of the Photoblast Actions from PolkaDotPotato and I am hooked!!!

I am not a digi girl, but I am a photo alter-er so when I saw these go up on the PDP site I knew I had to try them. I happened to be over at Ashley's house and she showed me just how simple they were to use. OMG! I can sooooo do this. You can sooooo do this. Yr 2 year old can sooooo do this and we will all look like brilliant photographers. Hooray for us! (and the Photoblast guy! and PolkaDotPotato!)

A PhotoBlast Action is like a series of commands. Have you ever tried to edit a picture, adjust the light or saturation or hue and something's just not right? Well a professional photographer has put together strings of photo editing commands and has turned them into a single click action and has made them available to the public to purchase. For the amount you will use them they are quite reasonable...dare I say - cheap? $6 per action! Now you'll need Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for them to run...but 1 click editing? Seriously...what a time saver!

So let me show you what I'm talking about. Amy just emailed us this photo of herself...

...absolutely lovely. But let me show you what a few Photoblasts can do!

Amy in PB Vivid Color


Amy In PB Beauty Glow


Amy in PB Goldenrod


Amy in PB Cross Process


Amy in PB Vivid Color and PB Acid Wash Together


Amy in PB Chocolate

There are, like, over 20 of these amazing actions over at PDP! I've added a permanent link to them over on the sidebar if you ever want to go looking for them. Here's what the link looks like - it has all the actions in a slideshow. You should really check them out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...why did I come here...I need to stop buying stuff, but I think I NEED this. I love the picture but once you ran them thru the actions...WOW!! I'm off to check out the blog and possible blow my bank account. Thanks!? j/k...wink-wink.

By the way, I love your blog. Very cool

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kip said...

I'm off to check them out!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Anil P said...

That's quite a range of editing possibilities.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home