Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sunday...the Adams Family Reunion version

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

Where is Bonham you ask? Well, It's about an hour north east of Dallas near the Oklahoma border. We rent the same cabin twice a year on the shores of Lake Bonham. The kids can swim, the men can play golf (there's a 9 hole right outside the cabin), there's a lot of playground equipment & the women usually sit around with a bottle of wine & catch up. The cabin's not spectacular, but the view is amazing and it has windows on all sides so it's easy to always keep an eye on the little ones. It is somewhat air conditioned & for winter has a great wood burning stove in one corner for heat.

I SEE: Family Faces
Yes I took my camera to Bonham? Did it come out of my bag???? NO. Man....anyway....
There was a great turn out at the Adams family reunion this time around despite the melty heat. All of Matt's siblings were there, his parents and his favorite cousins, aunts & uncles and a gaggle of children including 3 of our nieces and 2 of our nephews and 2 dogs came - one in a stroller.

I HEAR: Laughter, Games & Gossip
Such is the nature of the Adams get togethers. We played Whoonu, Gin Rummy, You Just Became a Millionaire and the always played Train Dominoes. I also did a few rounds of solitaire while fighting off a migraine. Here's the news of the reunion I can share...Rusty & Dee got their house & will be moving to Trenton sometime after August 15th, one Matt's cousins is pregnant with twins and since David's (Tammy's David) deployment has been delayed they're looking at apartments in San Antonio & might be moving soon.

I TASTE: Aunt Mary's Snickerdoodles & Homemade Banana Ice Cream
We always do pot luck which is sometimes hit or miss. I always bring veggies & fruit since some years it's a chip & fried festival, but this year it was just lovely. And I got to have my two very favorite things - Aunt Mary's Snickerdoodles (which are THE BEST I've ever had) and Uncle Derl's & Aunt Fran's homemade banana ice cream (it's a KNOCKOUT!).

I TOUCH: Cold Drinks
We packed coke zero, mountain dew & bottled water for the day. It was so hot we went through the drinks at a record pace & they felt so good just resting on your forehead or your neck.

I SMELL: Nothing
*sniffle* My allergies were in full force...

It was a good day. So now we're set until the next reunion - December 20th.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Hey, do you think you could snag that Snickerdoodle recipe? It's really the only cookie that I like... and I need a killer recipe!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home