Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sunday {night}...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

What a whirlwind week it's been! I am shocked at how little I blogged, but life is like that sometimes...so here are the sensory highlights of my week.

I SEE:
FedEx. Our offices are right next to the airport & I needed to drop off an overnight package after work one day. I always feel like I'm driving right up to the plane. I dunno, I just think it's cool. The process of next day delivery boggles my brain. Go FedEx!

I HEAR:
"It was like, love at first sight...with my ears". Loved, loved, LOVED the season 4 finale of the office. Paul Lieberstein is such a talented writer & the dialogue was fast & furious. I've listened to it while working on other things a few times now, just to make sure I haven't missed something. And awesome casting getting Amy Ryan, hope she stays with the cast next season. I've been talking like Yoda now...

I TASTE:
Okra. Fried. Yum. I always took this perfect food for granted until my friend Debby came down to visit and we went out for true Texas barbecue. She'd never heard of okra before {poor thing}. She loved it and described it as tasting like "fried everything good". Ain't it the truth? Fried okra is like, as good as it gets.

I TOUCH:
Paint. I was inspired by this Tony Soulie print & when I saw this fabric covered mousepad at Target I decided I would make my own interpretation. It's not finished, but it felt good to slosh around in paint for a while.

I SMELL:
Paper. You have to be a paper person to understand. Freshly printed paper at Luxe - I'm breathing that one in deep. Also the musty, delicious smell of old paper. I've always loved old books. When I was little I loved going through the zillions of old books my grandmother had on her shelves, picking random titles and reading as many as I could. Matt & I went to a few garage sales Saturday morning & I found 3 fabulous old books {2 "the world in pictures" books from the early 60's and a copy of Mother Goose from the late 50's}. We also headed over to the big half price books tonight on a mission to find a cookbook Matt wanted {he's in a smoking mood - I'm hoping this will turn into a taste section entry in the next couple of weeks!}.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just love old books too! And that smell is just awesome. What a fun post!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love the smell of freshly printed paper!!

Great picture of FedEx airplanes!

Regards

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home