Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses once a week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE:

Friday night we went & saw our niece Amy {7th grade} in her middle school production of the Wizard of Oz. She was a munchkin & a darn cute one! The play was completely directed, choreographed, etc. by the nearby high school theater magnet.

What is it about the Wizard of Oz? Amy's the third family member I know of to be in it. Back in the day I played Auntie Em in The Wiz, Meg played the Wicked Witch of the West in the traditional version & now we have a munchkin. Too cool...

Saturday my c.c. {cousin's cousin}, "Little Matt" had his eagle scout ceremony. I've never been to one before and was quite moved to realize all he has accomplished. His service project was refurbishing two rooms at a center {in part of our church} where volunteers teach ESL classes. He's so grown up - where did the time go?

I HEAR:
Luxe Radio. All the girls in the office turned in a list of their favorite tunes & I uploaded them into a ProjectPlaylist player. It automatically shuffles through and plays all of our songs. I love it. I feel like I'm getting to know another side of them through their music. It's a great playlist - you should take a listen.

I TASTE:

It must be springtime! I'm craving Caprese salad & once again the new spot by my job, Cavalli's came through with this fresh salad & crispy bread to make my taste of the week. I had this Caprese salad with focaccia for lunch one day and it was out of this world!

I TOUCH:

I've been in a creative flurry. Once my Simplify Your Stash challenge gets posted on the Luxe Blog I can start sharing my layouts on here. Let's just say I had a LOT of fun with these two pieces of paper.

I SMELL:
Community Coffee. I blame Pam Lambie. I drink Starbucks, but it's usually a little too strong for my tastes. And I've tried Sonic's froofy coffee, but I didn't love it. Then Pam told me to go to a Shell station and try any flavor of Community Coffee there. I was particularly tired one morning last week & happened to be filling up at my local Shell so I got a cup. WOW. Can we say I went to Shell THREE times last week? I'm an addict...and I'm loving it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been loving your senses on Sunday so much- so I finally decided to record mine. Thanks for the inspiration- it was a lot of fun to do.
Have a lovely Sunday.
jen

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

I love that star paper. Does that make me a bad person??? Who cares!!! And I'm so excited that you're going to update Shopatron this week. I need to get my hands on some new Luxe stuff!!!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home