Monday, October 15, 2007

Has it really been four years???

I'm writing this at midnight so I don't have to face this post during the day tomorrow {I mean later today}. Four years ago I lost my mom...I love this picture of us from my wedding day. I miss her so much it still aches when I think about it - so I usually try not to deal with it. That might not be the healthy way, but it's the only way I can cope so far. I just take it one day at a time. Sometimes I feel like she's still a phone call away, or like she's going to hold my hand or run her fingers through my hair...I wish she could have seen me get better. I wish she could've seen my success. I wish I could just talk to her again - there's so much I have to say to her...

I know, I know - she knows. She's watching over me. I'll see her again in heaven.

Go call your mom if you haven't talked to her today. Give her a hug for me. Trust me - you'll miss the hugs some day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I lost my mom almost 3 years ago and I too miss her alot. Sometimes I find myself heading to the phone to tell her something or ask her something. One thing that has helped me is to remember the times we had together and to talk about the fun times with my family.

I don't know if a person ever gets over losing their mom but I try to keep her alive in my heart and mind with my memories.

If I was there I would give you a big hug.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

You know - I would be willing to say that she still had a role in helping you to get better. :)

Big hugs to you. I know how you feel sweetie.

G

1:44 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Emmy- you know I know how close you and your mom were (and are). Trust me- she knows everything you are doing and how well you are- and how happy she is for you. There is nothing wrong with taking it a day at a time- you do what you need to do.

Remember you can call me anytime!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I lost my father almost 8 years ago and it's hard every year. He died on Thanksgiving, so it's always part of the day, remembering him.

I miss him dearly and think of him often. I really was daddy's girl.

Sending hugs to you..

8:29 PM  
Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

found you via tim holtz. just had to comment and say it's been four and a half years since i lost my mom to suddent illness. i wish she could see that i'm raising my son like she raised me--it would make her so happy.

best of luck to you.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home