Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dinner for Ashley...

I had lunch with Ashley today & we talked recipes for a bit. I've really been into crock pot cooking lately and have been trying out new recipes. Ashley's going to try the pepperoncini roast this week and I told her about my latest new favorite...carnitas! So she told me to put it up on my blog so she could find the recipe later, so here goes:
  • a pork butt roast, trimmed
  • 1 onion, cut
  • 3 cloves of garlic, mashed
  • 1 packet of LOW SODIUM taco seasoning
  • 1 c of water

Crock pot on low for 8 hours...or until you get home. THAT"S IT!!! And it's so unbelievably tender and wonderful. And it freezes well if you make too much. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, cheese & fresh pico if you have it - they make the best soft tacos on the planet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kandice said...

yum! looks delicious! when do WE get to have lunch again? :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Thanks Em! You're the best!!!

Ashley

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea how I got here but we at Cafe Max thank you for the link in your blog. Don't forget to eat here every once in a while!

Rick

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home