Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hours in the day...

I've been thinking about the hours in a day. I always say "I wish there were more hours in the day"...but I started wondering - do I really mean it? Honestly, what would I do with more hours? I'd like to think I'd have a burst of productivity - create phenomenal designs, sort through clutter, clean, cook something fancy from a cookbook, throw a party, etc.. I really should spend more time not working or thinking about work - like reading, seeing friends & family or spending some quality alone time at the DMA, exploring the big Half Price Books looking for forgotten treasures, at the Angelika or the Inwood or just hanging with the penguins & the manatees at the the Aquarium. Here's the issue...I'm worried that if I had more hours in a day I would just spend them the same way I spend my "wasted hours" now - sleeping, running errands, looking for my shoes (or keys, or whatever), vegging out doing nothing or just "lost online". Some evenings I wonder..."what did I do? It can't possibly be time to go to bed." OK, so I was really thinking about it (this is probably how I wasted the better part of this evening coming up with these scenarios) - did I want a 30 hour day, a 48, or would 26 be enough? If I had a 48 hour day would I have to stay at work a really long time or would I have to go in twice a day? Would I choose more daylight or nighttime? Could we still supersize the week or would a week only be 3 or 4 days long? Does that mean I get older slower???

Yep. That's my brain. What I really wanted to blog about are the classes I'm working on...but I must wait so they go up on Scrapbowl first. I'm having a lot of fun with them. Can't wait to show you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Been lurking for awhile but the classes you're talking about definitely peaked my interest! LOL!! Can't wait to see what you got up your sleeves!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Emily,
Do you ever have any classes in the DFW area. I've lived here for 3 years now, and can't find any classes from the "pros".
Thanks!!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home