Monday, September 24, 2007

What does your music say about you?

I love music & usually have pandora or rabio blog club on in the background when I'm working. I like them for very different reasons - rbc can create a playlist of my specific favorites, but pandora...well, pandora thinks. You tell it your favorite artists and they go "OK - folk overtones, major key tonality, jazz influence, sonorous, occasionally acoustic...here you go". They play a continuous stream of music based on your tastes and you can register your likes and dislikes and it remembers you. I have found a lot of wonderful music on there.

So - I never thought of it before, but from reading my analysis based on my favorite artists I have made a few determinations about my tastes:

  • folk & acoustic/jazz & swing/or rock influence
  • major tonality
  • subtle vocal harmony/sonorous
  • breathy or dynamic female lead
Here are my favorite pandora stations right now. Who are your favorite artists? Do you know what they say about you?

  • Nina Simone
  • Cyndi Lauper
  • Tori Amos
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Sarah McLachlan
  • Evanescence
  • Regina Spektor
  • Feist
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Kate Nash
  • The Decemberists
  • KT Tunstall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home