Monday, January 15, 2007

Slip & fall...

My stepmom was supposed to have surgery on her shoulder today {torn rotator cuff}, but it was postponed. She had a doctors appointment instead. My dad was walking up the handicapped ramp at the hospital outside the ER {it was the least icy entrance - he was going to walk through the inside of the hospital to her appointment from there} and had a bad fall. His leg was already messed up - now his back is sprained & he has a concussion too {his head hit the concrete pretty hard}. Poor daddy - but if you're going to fall that badly, the entrance to the emergency room was a good place to do it. He is in so much pain right now & he can't "sleep it off" because Sharon has to wake him up every 2 hours because of the concussion to make sure he's OK. What a mess.

On another front, I just found out my uncle is now on the list for a kidney & pancreas transplant and will be starting home dialysis next month. It's a lot to wrap my brain around. While the thought of the surgery scares me, I know he really needs it & could be so much better off with new working parts. If you're the praying type, please add my family to your list.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it! Will be prayer for your WHOLE family, Emily! Hang in there! MargieH in Chicago

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glen is on the list? I had no idea!

I am glad I checked out your blog today, we hadn't heard about this yet, I will have to call and check on him!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- sorry this is going on! Keep me posted!!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home