Saturday, November 11, 2006

Game On...

Went over to Kate's last night for a game night. We played an awesome game - Fact or Crap - with the "take a drink if you're wrong rules"...as a result I hardly drank anything early on, because I SO ROCK at that game. Then we played "I never" and I found out that "I never" stands for I never need to play that game again {ouch}. Got to hang out with Kate, her sister Beeper, Kandice, Pam*, Ashley & a bunch of Kate's & Beep's friends.
*got to meet Pam's new man last night...a brave soul wandering into girl's night with 11 girls pretty well lit grilling him on everything from relationship history to most influential novel. He earned the preliminary girlfriends' stamp of approval.

I'm up & running working on a few projects this morning. Matt's headed back up to his uncle's after a meeting at work this morning & will be spending the night in Bonham so I made plans... I'm going over to Kandice's for dinner. I wanted to bring a bottle of wine, but I know nothing about reds so I headed out to the store for some help with a selection. I ended up with a bottle of Layer Cake for her and a bottle of Moscato Allegro for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kandice said...

Definitely a fun night! See you in a bit... hope you're hungry!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay-really-you can't just name these two wines and then end it there. Why did you pick them? I need details...sweet, dry, smokey..hello! I want the verdict after dinner! I love me some good wine! I can't drink cosmos all the time. LOL!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

Oh friend... the layer cake wine was GOOD... :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

OK Jane - this is for you...

Kandice loves red, so I asked for an affordable & impressive shiraz...Layer Cake was had strong overtones of oak, rasbberries & cherries. I don't like reds, but I didn't make a face when I tasted it {big compliment for me} & Kandice enjoyed it.

I love muscats, but everyone makes fun of my taste, so I asked for one that would "get respect from a red drinker". This one was awesome. Muscat grapes are quite sweet and their wines are light & fruity. This one had overtones of orange blossoms, honey, apricots & peaches. We each finished out respective bottles last night. And no, I didn't drive home.
Also got a killer shrimp linguine recipe from Kandice who is a rockin' cook...
great times...

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home