Sunday, September 17, 2006

A weekend to remember...

What a weekend!!! Just got back and woke up from the post-CKU Houston nap. This had to be one of the most emotional, energetic & fun events I've attended in a long time. A HUGE thank you & hello to all my students there.

It was a little surreal...the end of an era. A chapter in my life closed this weekend and a new one is about to begin. Magic Scraps started sponsoring CKUs in San Antonio, 2002 - their very first event on the road. I joined the company days after that event and taught in Anaheim 2002 (our first CKU classes) and have created every and taught (*almost) every CKU class since - Paula Kramer did the math for me - that's over 30 CKU's in a row!!!!! It was touching - beginning and ending our CKU experience in our home state. So many of you have followed Magic Scraps from the beginning, even shopped at Ashley's first scrapbook store in Dallas, Scrappy's. I saw so many familiar faces of former students and made so many new friends. I'm a softie and teared up all weekend. I just want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU ASHLEY for giving me the opportunity to be involved ith your innovative company from the ground up. THANK YOU CKU for your tireless work and amazing events, your support and for the friendships I have built not only with your team but with other teachers through your events. And THANK YOU STUDENTS - all of you over the years. Your support has been amazing - you never cease to inspire me. Now that my teaching commitment to Magic Scraps has drawn to a close, I want to let you know that I have every intention of staying in the industry and continuing to teach. It is my passion. Please sign up for my newsletter & I'll keep you posted on my plans. pictured: our official fabulous TA, Ashley, Nicole, me, our other official fabulous TA, and Kim.

* I did miss a few events due to my health, but Kate & Ashley always did a great job of stepping up and teaching my classes when I was unable to attend.

Whew...still a little teary-eyed. I had wonderful help this weekend. I have a dear stepbrother that lives in Houston with his family. I love them all and enjoy spending time with them, but we don't see eachother very often. That's going to change. I've recommitted to making time to take off with Matt for a fun trip to Houston as soon as my life settles down. Kim - what can I say? I love you so much - I forget how much fun you are! We need to do more together! We all had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory - there we are: me, Greg, Kim, Doug (5th grade), Nicole (7th grade) & Andrew (2nd grade). Kim & Nicole are both scrapbookers and spent the days TA'ing for me - and were a tremendous help THANK YOU.

OK - we had way too much fun...Nicole and I demonstrated how a 2-fold fastener works by becoming the human fastener. See it? I'm the prongs with the two arms sticking up - she's the bracket {which she enthusiastically plopped on my head} - then my arms would fold over her arms and I'd slide my hands through the bracelets...you get the idea. Why the flowers you ask?? Because we were teaching a class called Tropical Paradise....

She also was my lucky charm and drew for all the prizes I gave out. The first class she was pretty quiet, but by the afternoon, she was rockin' on the microphone! BTW, excuse me, I forgot, now that she's twelve, she'd like to be called Nikki. like, um...yes ma'am. pardon moi. Isn't she darling? Boys - your Aunt Emily loves you dearly too, I'm not intentionally leaving you out - It's just that I worked your sister so hard...I had to brag on her.

What else? Ashley & I also hung out with the amazing Debby Schuh and Andria & her crew from Reminisce - had dinner at The Grand Lux. And the last night we went out for fajitas & margaritas with Tracy White, one of my favorite people. Tracy - why didn't we take a picture??? What were we thinking?? How many rounds did we have? :)

Anyhow good to see you all...thank you for a weekend that I will always remember! If you've ever taken a class from me, I'd love to hear from you - please pop on this thread & say hello...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily -- I took one of your classes at CKU Boston 2004 and I LOVED it and you -- you had the best ideas and your class was SO much fun. I caught up with you a couple times over at Two Peas and now I religiously read your blog (such a fun blog). Just wanted to let you know you were an amazing teacher and I really loved magic scraps products -- you'll be missed! Good Luck on your new endeavors!

Becky (beckywed at Two Peas)

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time! Good luck with what lies ahead!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was soo good to see you! Check out your picture on my blog!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Unfortunately I didn't take any of your classes...I'm so sad! CKU-A Chicago was one of the ones you couldn't make :0( But was so happy to finally met you @ CHA this summer!! I wish you all the best (& success) in your next new adventure and I will be there hearing all the neat stuff you're into! Thanks for being such a GREAT spokesperson for MagicScraps (LOVE that company & the products!)!! Hugs, MargieH in Chicago

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmie!!! The photos are great...really the one of us at the cheesecake factory is probably one of the best of all of my family in a long time!

It was soo good to see you. I had a blast. I should travel with you and help out more often! Nikki went to school and talked you up, she thinks she is very important now!

Love you bunches, come anytime. Tell Matt I have an old lawnmower out back he can play with :)

kim

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a class from you in Provo and then talked you into really embarassing my husband when he a class with you. You will be missed as your classes are some of the most fun I've ever taken!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I loved, loved, loved the High Society and Travel Tag Book classes I took at CKU-A in San Jose this June. I was so inspired by your work and positive attitude. I am also in the midst of a 'career shift' after leaving a company I loved after 6 years so I can totally relate to what you are going through. I can't wait until the CKU Home study classes begin, I'll be one of the first to sign up.

Christyn

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home