Sunday, September 03, 2006

Weekend review...

Well, I'm kinda tired...Went over to my aunt & uncle's house after work Friday and had the most scrumptious multi-course several hour fondue extravaganza feast. Um, wow. Felt very indulgent. Then the girls & I stayed up to watch The Lord of the Rings {somehow, I've managed to never see the trilogy}. Apparently I'm developing an allergy to cats, so I popped a couple of Benadryl and our night of talking lasted about two sentences before I passed out.

Saturday morning got a cooking lesson from my Aunt Carol on how to make blueberry pancakes {and there was bacon and yummy coffee, OK, maybe I'm fixating on the food just a bit, but she really is an amazing cook}. Then we sat around and talked about playing bridge {the girls are learning}, but I insisted I had a lot of work to do and if I started playing cards I would never leave before lunch. Um, but I didn't leave either. Before we knew it it was lunch time and she was grilling hot dogs & burgers and we were all having lunch. Meg wanted to leave with me, but had cleaning responsibilities at home so she couldn't come. Well, I borrowed the DVDs & headed home and about an hour later Meg was dropped off on my doorstep with a bag, ready to spend the night at my house. I popped in The Two Towers thinking, well, one movie today won't blow my plans. Then when it ended, Meg dutifully popped in Return of the King and the next thing I know it's 10 PM and we haven't moved or eaten. Oops. So we dashed to Amigo's for "dinner" {chips & freshly made salsa} and drove down Greenville Avenue. I thought she'd get a kick out of seeing all the cool restaurants and clubs lit up at night & seeing all the people. I also had an ulterior motive, there's a late night drive-thru Krispy Kreme down there & we picked up donuts for breakfast.

We were back on the couch with our salsa, chips and donuts {she tells me this is part of why I'm a "cool cousin"}, watching a Style special on Pink {listen & vote for your favorite Pink song here} and episodes of How Do I Look? I woke up on the couch at 3 and stumbled to alarm. I woke up with a start at 9:30. Most days this would be OK, but Meg had a morning funeral to attend, so we flew out of the house to get her home {she made it, even had her hair done}.

Met Martha at Olive Garden at 11:30 for lunch...bless her heart. She had a headache earlier and got progressively worse through lunch. She ended up getting totally sick. I felt really bad for her. She went home to go to bed & I felt like I deserved a little nap. And here I am, four hours later...feeling like I've wasted my weekend...but, man I had some fun! Cropping tomorrow - we'll have a good crowd, but can hold more so sign up click here!


Post a Comment

<< Home