Wednesday, August 30, 2006

TV, good reading & an invitation...

Those of you that know me know I'm really into generational studies. I was flipping channels on the ole' couch and caught this outrageous commercial. There was a little girl on a school stage giving a report, "The baby boomers are really great. They really knew how to stick it to the man." I almost fell off the couch. ROTFLOL. TV Land will be showing a four part series in September called "Generation Boom" about the baby boomers - their lifestyles, pop culture, relationship skills and their obsession with technology. Tune in.

I bought a fun book in Boston at their Museum of Science - They All Laughed, From Light Bulbs to Lasers:The Fascinating Stories Behind the Great Inventions That Have Changed Our Lives. It's really interesting. I didn't put it on my reading list, because I'm reading it an invention at a time {I don't think that counts}. I loved the story of the Xerox - nobody would buy the idea for over 20 years - people scoffed at it, actually - who would ever want to make more than one copy of anything??? Just trace it - carbon paper is so popular/affordable...sheesh. The resistance to technology coexisting with the thirst for it has always interested me.

Now, on to Monday. If you're in the DFW area I'm going to insist you come out to the Labor Day crop at the PDP Lounge - digital and traditional crafters welcome 9 am - 6 pm. ONLY $5 ALL DAY (not $25 as listed on the site - oopsie!) {that's my kind of crop - peppy & cheap!!!} Goody bag & pizza included...I'll be there working on a stack of covered books, coaster projects and maybe getting some much needed tutorial on laying out my new website...

Well, I want to get back to my depressing & brain-sucking 20/20 special on the end of the world, I just can't turn away...

BTW - this makes me very happy - CKU online is live!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, there! Getting excited about the CKU online program...just took a peek @ your bio! VERY COOL, Miss Emily! Have a great day!! MargieH in Chicago

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home