Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today's happenings...

Here's my new favorite drink -the Mike-a-rita, baby, where have you been all my life??? Anyway, trying to bolster myself through setting up my new email address over the phone with my dad, which I set up with a wrong user name, which is a big faux pas...who knew? My dad is a genius at fixing this kind of stuff, so never fear...my new email will be emily@EmilyAdamsOnFire.com - it should be up & running later tonight!

Also it's my BFF's birthday today - happy birthday Angie!!! I miss you & need to hang out with you...much mindless gossip!

It's that time of year again...Matt's phone is ringing off the hook, we have "beer" as a category in the budget & his allergies are flaring up - it can only mean one thing - dove hunting season opens this weekend. {I married a bad-man-bird-murderer - can you tell I wasn't raised in a hunting family??} He leaves in the morning {with$80 worth of beer & a few packs of hot dogs} for his annual family hunting trip. They call it a hunting trip - usually a majority of them are too drunk to hunt, so they sit it out...let's put it this way - these Texas birds are pretty safe. He will return stinky & dirty & completely unable to breathe...fun times. Matt just informed me that his dad is on the road and will be here in less than an hour to spend the night, so I have some straightening to do! {Matt's never been really good at details like that, oh well.}

I have learned to take advantage of these weekends and will be sleeping over at my cousins' house tomorrow {"we can talk, like, all night long", um, like, us old folks like some sleep, so we'll see}. Then working at home Saturday & Saturday night. Lunch with my friend Martha Sunday & the PolkaDot Crop on Monday. Viva la Labor Day weekend!!!

Ashley & I had to run to Star Wholesale for silk flowers & ribbon for CKU Houston* today & Ashley's daughter Ella found the costume aisle...I couldn't resist a few quick snaps! {pictures to follow - temporary blogger issues!}

* I am in awe of how many students I'll have in Houston...I'll teach 6 times...390 total! Thank you for your support!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the shout out! I miss you too- love the new title! Let's get together!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home