Friday, August 04, 2006

Don't drink & cut hair {learned the hard way}...

My dear, trusting husband...what a night we had. I knew after it was over it would be best to leave blogging til morning. I'm still a little surprised I had the presence of mind to grab my camera.

OK, everybody this is Matt. He thinks I can do anything. He's always complaining that he needs a haircut and finally harassed me into buying clippers, even though I was terrified to even try to cut his hair.

Well, we were hanging out on the couch after dinner - he had had a few beers and I had indulged with 2 margaritas {if you know me you know my tolerance level is 1/2 of one}. Well, he found the clippers I had bought and decided that it was the perfect time for a haircut.

So I took a picture of him pleading and laughing for a haircut - how could you deny that look? This is his, "I love you, I trust you, you can't possibly mess this up look". He set the clippers and told me to go ahead and, um, I did. I giggled through the first few passes and then started sobbing when I realized I had no idea what I was doing. Matt loves it. I miss the hair. It was super hard for me, because deep down I want him to grow it out like it was when we first met. Oh well...I took before & after shots of his head. At least it grows back.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh.....you should see my dh's head. I never give him a mirror to look at the back.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. My dh won't let me near his head anymore.
Thanks for sharing!
Ang

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 2! You are a lethal weapon with those clippers! There is a difference between cutting paper and hair...best leave the hair to the professionals! Ha!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!! My DH is NOT that brave. I can however, edge him up...but that is as FAR as he will let me go! LOL

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, I cut Rusty's all the time!!! I flipped out the first time he asked me to cut it too. And if you deny him, you get the end result of the "complete" bald picture when he did it himself. I think you remember the one. Hey they are twins and they think we as women can do ANYTHING. I like it that way. :0) BTW-You did a great job on the hair cut from what I can see in the pic!!! He needed it! D

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sofia said...

LOL! Maybe you should hipe those clippers next time the alcohol comes out! :-D

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That David is a really good man! You crack me up Emily!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

that's so funny em. glad he trusts you that much (and apparently he actually did or you would have heard complaints afterwards!). good for you! my mom's been cutting my dad's hair for years. sometimes i like to watch because she makes the funniest faces when she knows that she's messed up. :) she just keeps on cutting and NEVER does it in front of a mirror. ha!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Scott telling me to cut his hair. I can't draw a straight line let alone use clippers.... I gave him $10 and told him to go to Great Clips...

9:14 PM  
Blogger ScrappyGuy said...

OUCH! you and me are in the same boat around margaritas!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home