Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heartfelt grattitude...

I'm taking a grattitude moment today...I went to the cardiologist yesterday and was excited to get official confirmation on how well I'm doing. My doc says my recovery has been one of the most dramatic with this type of device out of all they've installed so far{I'm the youngest female recipient of this kind of gizmo - they even held a symposium about my results since my last appointment}. I've actually regenerated heart tissue, and my kidney & liver function is virtually normal. In a month I'll get imaged again so I might actually have pictures of my heart for the blog. What a difference 5 months makes. I feel incredible...invincible. All my docs say I'm doing better than ever. No more travel or lifting restrictions. Other than getting felt up in the airport, my life feels totally normal. And I can get used to that! Thank you modern medicine and thank you God, I have been truly blessed!!!!!

One more golden video from CKU Atlanta...you never know what those
wacky teachers will do next...see Kristi Sikora-Blankenship, Tim Holtz, Marji Romney-Anslet, Danelle Johnson, Cathy Zielske, Anita Oldham, Ali Edwards & Becky Higgins build a pyramid at CKU!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmy...your new look is great. Glad the docs confirmed how well you are doing, but of course we already knew it. You look amazing. There are worse things than getting felt up in the airport :)

kim

9:23 AM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!news!!! After meeting you @ CHA, you wouldn't know what happened 5 mos. ago! Continued good thougths & prayers to you, GF!! Hugs! MargieH in Chicago

11:15 AM  
Blogger ScrappyGuy said...

Emily, so glad to hear that you are a medical miracle. Of course we already knew how awesome you were. It just took them a while to catch up to the rest of us!

That video was hilarious.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a GODDESS! That's fabulous news, Emily! Reading this totally made my day. Here's to you and your good health! Miracles really are out there ;-D

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that you're feeling great and thankful for these doctors and technology for what they can do nowadays!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Thena said...

So glad that you are doing well!

AND so good to hear your sweet voice on the radio today on Diva Craft Lounge!!

Big hugs,
Thena Smith

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Emily!!! stumbled on your blog courtesy of Ginger....SO FREAKIN' HAPPY about your news!! miss not going to the trade shows and seeing you!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home