Monday, July 24, 2006

Home from CHA...

Well, I made it...what a crazy couple of days. Working with Noritsu was really interesting and the quality on their machines is amazing! I got to make a lot of new friends by hanging out with my fellow Imagination Project Design Team members. What a fun crowd!!! {not to mention talented}

The girls (and Morris) at Imagination Project made me feel like a part of the family. When I wasn't in my booth or asleep, I was running around with them. {below: Ginger & Laura}.

We all went out to a dt dinner at Uncle Julios Friday night. It was a long wait, but we filled it taking lots of pictures. {group photo, top left: back row:Janice Tsai, Emily (me), Ginger Rohlfs, Sharon Laakkonen; middle row: Barb Hogan, Shelley Andersen, Terri Davenport, Brittany Laakkonen; front row: Laura Stoller, Kim Brock & Jane Hasty}. Dinner ran so late, we barely made it back in time for the 2Peas gathering...we did run in though in the last few minutes and I got to see Margie H. {hi!}.

Saturday I went to the CK reception at the Embassy Suites and got some down time with Ali Edwards, Tracy White & Leslie Miller...not to mention some goofing around with Tiffany Tillman and - yes - more time with Ginger. {are you catching a pattern here?}

Sunday I got the chance to walk the show floor with my good buddy, Debby Schuh. {pictured in pink} She took me over the highlights of the show. I liked so many things...I'd say my tie for top pick of the show would be Ranger's Acrylic Paint Daubers {see the demo} and Ranger's new varieties of Glossy Accents {sepia, crackle & matte}. They will change the way I scrap. Other outstanding booths: 7 Gypsies, Junkitz, Autumn Leaves, Technique Tuesday, Imagination Project (of course), Hampton Arts & Heidi Grace {Fiskars}.

I saw so many old friends, and I got a kick out of their reaction to my new look. A few of them didn't recognize me {I had to laugh - you know who you are}. Jane on the IPDT is a professional photographer and on our way to the CK session she stopped us and did an impromptu photo shoot outside the hotel...it had just started to rain and we were all talking and laughing and she took some incredible shots! Anybody who needs a new headshot - go to Jane! We were able to print pages of wallets out the next day at the Noritsu booth then we all swapped like we were in high school with our school pictures. Here's my new look...

13 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

EMILY!! Great to meet you face-to-face!!! Thanks to Emily's dad for giving her the message :0) Sorry to miss you on Sunday...I think you were checking out stuff when I stopped by. Will post pics soon...trying to get my class schedule & samples ready for August @ Frozen Memories (SB & ice cream = YUMMY!). {{{hugs}}} to you, my sweet friend!!!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beeyouteefull!!! I had a great time hanging out together! See you soon!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily -- I was checking out your new photo and you look STUNNING!!! I love the new hair cut and your make up is beautiful (I met you two years ago at a CKU-Boston) -- anyway. . . just wanted to let you know you look fabulous!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Sounds like so much fun! And you look fabulous :)

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ball!!!!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily you look fantastic! I'm loving the make-up, hair, and everything! And now we can really see those beautiful eyes of yours! You look great! If you were only still single, we could crawl through Dallas on a man-hunt. :) j/k Can't wait to hear about your trip (in person!). Call me!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-you are too sweet! Huge hugs to you my friend! You look marvelous! Thank you! Jane

9:32 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Emily, you look INCREDIBLE! I love it all! Your eyes are amazing! I can't believe I haven't noticed them before! WOW... SO jealous! Rock on the fabulous, girlfriend!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://hrjmbiyj.com/wdsx/aeui.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nbnrdfom.com/carj/fjil.html]Cool site[/url]

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://hrjmbiyj.com/wdsx/aeui.html | http://xvuwpzht.com/xeqr/tyaq.html

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home