Monday, March 20, 2006

There's nothing wrong with green pudding...so there!

Matt is one of those people who eats with his eyes...he's a food bigot. Excuse me, but I'm going to rant today.

All this was started by some innocent & delicious pistachio pudding. I said:
"Hey - I'm going to make some pudding. Would you like some?"
and he said "of course, duh..."
so I said "How 'bout pistachio? It's really yummy, it tastes just like the nuts"
he stops me here and says "I know what a pistachio is...sounds good."
And since I know the man I married, I had to add the disclaimer..."Great...and-it's-green" and with that I made a break for the kitchen...
to which he said "Hell, no. I'm not eating any green pudding. It's not natural!"

I know...if this is the worst of our problems I'm a lucky woman. But there are so many rules:
  • no purple foods (red cabbage or eggplant - which I really like)
  • double no for eggplant becasue the name creeps him out
  • nothing that looks "new" to him (he has volunteered to try new things if I don't tell him & hide it in his food...little does he know he ate feta cheese in the wraps I made us tonight - in the store called it my super gross stinky cheese)
  • no broccoli, no cauliflower, no cooked carrots, no brussel sprouts, no rice (and yes I do actually like these things)
  • everything "needs" a layer of ranch, mayo, red Tobasco or cheese (I get the cheese...but eeeew - slimy)
  • and now, apparently, no green pudding

Oh well, I feel better now...I might even go get seconds of the butterscotch pudding we made instead...

P.S. I love you, Matt!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no broccoli, no cauliflower, no cooked carrots, no rice

And what exactly does he eat when you order chinese?

Greg is pretty picky too, but he has gotten much better with age. Or is it I have gotten less tolerable and if he doesn't eat what i cook, then he doesn't eat.....just like another kids :)

kim

2:36 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

sweet & sour chicken, no vegetables...fried rice is OK since he drowns it in extra sauce.
:)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I have weird eating things. Nothing white and creamy like Mayo, Sour Cream, etc. BARF! I also believe Meat should not be a "loaf", so I won't eat Meatloaf.

Oh and I wouldn't even TOUCH the green pudding. ;)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wierd! Steve won't eat white stuff either. NO mayo, NO potato salad or coleslaw. Sour Cream and plain yogurt are out too (unless i mask them into what I'm making... ha ha on him). Green pudding... ALL the way baby! Sounds like a tasty treat for me tonight!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl-
Steve thinks that pistachio pudding is gross, too. That just leaves it all for me!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you......

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home