Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lips on fire and other various topics...

I blame Pam Lambie. Posting about her s'mores & her gas stove. Sounds harmless - right? Well, I brought home the s'more makings & Matt said "not safe in the house-blah-blah-blah". HA! We showed him! He went to bed early & Meg & I headed to the kitchen to make our s'mores. Pam used bamboo skewers - which I had, but I thought "no, those could catch on fire and be unsafe" so I got out my metal fondue forks. Well they work GREAT....UNTIL you put a marshmallow in your mouth and blister your lips.

Metal + Fire + Mouth = Stupid

Bless her heart. Meg is the one sporting a serious case of marshmallow face. However I'm the idiot who gave her the metal branding fork. So sorry. It's pitiful & hilariously funny at the same time...

*warning - real life update*
So, I try not to get into nitty gritty stuff on my blog, but I've been skirting around something that's been going on. I'm "officially" premenopausal & am going through a LOT of physical & hormonal changes. I'm dealing & upbeat and kind of relieved. I'm younger than average, but when you consider the stroke it makes perfect sense.

*OK - back to your regularly scheduled programming*
Ever since I got back from Japan I've been really attracted to overly cute motifs - they're HOT over there! Think images that are very pop culture oriented, lots of iconic shapes with little eyes and smiles. I wanted to try making something myself and ended up with this card...


Kawaii huh? (Kawaii, pronounced like Hawaii with a "K" is "cute" in Japanese) So I guess I only took close ups of the card...it said "you & me" up in the corner. I just used the simply luxe dot paper cut into a little blob & cut a freestyle stem from white cardstock. I added a little doodling & some googly eyes and - there you have it...too cute!!! (I'm in love with these little mushrooms now & have done cards like this with all six colors of the polka dot from simply luxe!

What else??? I'm dreaming of the Luxe website now...It's really going well. I'm SO excited about the relaunch sometime next month. We're seeing work from our new design team come in (we will share with a completely refreshed gallery when our site relaunches) - they are AMAZINGLY TALENTED. We are so lucky to have them! Also we're all getting in gear for CHA-S. Luxe is going to have some awesome releases. So much to do, but totally worth it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kip said...

Hope to see you and the wonderful Luxe products at CHA this year as I'll be going for the first time!
Also, I'm addicted to graham crackers and cool whip and you won't get burnt, lol!

Kip

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ania said...

So cute! And s'mores, now thats an american thing I have yet to experience..looks yummy though :)

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the little shrooms! they're so cute! :)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so cute.I must check out where I can get your papers here in New Zealand.Have a great weekend.And a happy 4th of July.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home