Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE:
A clean house. A made bed. Space to create in my studio. No to do lists. It's a good feeling. Today will be my creativity day. I'm planning to take advantage of my creative space for the rest of the afternoon...

I HEAR:
I created a Sundays playlist for my top songs of the week...


I TASTE:
I try not to stay home when Matt goes out of town. I've always enjoyed doing things alone...going to movies, galleries, out to eat, etc. With work I've even become really confident traveling alone. So each time I find myself on my own I try to "make the time count" and not just sit around. Well, Matt went to Donnie's to help with a project & all my friends were out of town or otherwise tied up so I ran some errands, went to the library & took myself to La Madeline for lunch. I was sitting in a quiet corner listening to the classical music and I relaxing when I realized I really prize that independent part of myself - it made the meal even more delicious. So my taste this week was that meal - a chicken friand & a petite Caesar salad.

I TOUCH:
Matt got out the spiral binder last week & knocked out some new books {i love these!} and I added rub ons to some of the funky clipboards I brought back from Japan {finally}. We'll be adding these to Matt's etsy shop over the next week or so.

SMELL:
Hot, cooked car & crisp, cold air conditioning. We got up to 99 this last week...oof, it's early in the season for that. It got me scrambling for some new tops {why do I always have tons of stuff to wear in the winter, but every summer have no idea what I wore the summer before?}. I guess I would describe hot car smell as slightly melty plastic and air conditioning as amplifying the "indoor smell" of wherever you are. Thank heavens for air conditioning in Texas summers!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen~ said...

My list is posted on my blog!!! I love this!!!

Kristen :-)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home