Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Inspired by Tony Soulie...

This painting started it...I saw this Soulie & fell in love. My studio at home & my office at work are painted this rich, warm yellow. I love all his city works...he's really inspiring me to paint on photographs.

So, I started small scale, with this $3.99 mouse pad from Target with the New York skyline on it. I used some different techniques for the splatter accents, but I dig it this way. I finished it this weekend & moved it up to my desk at work today. When I have some spare time there's a lot more I want to try...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherine said...

That technique is very cool. I would love a large scale canvas of that. The colors are fabulous!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see why you were inspired. Beautiful!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home