Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Proof of Creativity...

I scrapbooked yesterday. Not on assignment. Not for a deadline. Not with anyone's products in mind. I was just inspired and had some free time and was feeling empowered. I bought the postcard {and yes, I just scrapbooked a post card} in Amsterdam, because I knew when I saw it that was how I was going to remember the city and I didn't want that beautiful memory to fade. Amsterdam was beautiful, and I was particularly charmed by the heavy graffiti there. I've never seen anything quite like it & I follow deviant arts (long, long story). So what might seem like a crazy mix of papers actually captured the complexity I saw there - classic & timeless and dark & edgy all at the same time. I felt such freedom and so strong that day - I had to scrapbook the emotion of it all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

This is REALLY COOL, Emily! Love it! Nice for a change to be a non-commital scrapper! LOL!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD...this is like the best scrapbooking page I've ever seen...

11:21 PM  
Blogger www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

This layout screams COOL!!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

very cool. love all that's going on here... good job!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Robin Beam said...

I love this, Emily!

Robin

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home