Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Take 2/Day 2...

Well, we're back from downtown Chicago. I recommend Everest to everybody. We had the tasting menu and all opted for the wine courses to go with. If you know me you know my tolerance is about a half a drink.......with our fab-o dinner I had a cocktail and then seven different glasses of wine. You cannot imagine the state I'm in right now. So here are the highlights:
  • I learned "air parenthesis" from Kipps
  • we all said "tot-a-ree" a lot and for some reason it's really funny
  • and I know where my pants are. Do you? {long story}
OK, so the cab driver took us in circles getting there & stopped 6 times to ask for directions {which made for a decent tour of downtown Chicago}. Our driver on the way home missed our exit as well & had to turn around. But the GEM of the evening was after Kipps got off the elevator on his floor a couple of drunkity guys got on our elevator and one of them hit on Jen. "My don't you look sexy over there"...and then...I KID YOU NOT - he leaned in uncomfortably close and he sniffed her - hard. "you even smell good" - OK...yes, I started laughing. Poor Jen had this completely shocked look. He got off the elevator before we did and we rode in silence for a minute {if you don't count me chuckling} until she said..."did he SNIFF me?"...aaaah, these are the memories that trade shows are made of...I'm going to pass out now. I will update again tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

OMGosh!! Welcome to Chicago, Jen! OY! LOL!! Glad you all got in before all the storms started to roll in...UGH! Em, I'll stop by the booth and if you're not there, I'll leave my business card w/ cell # in back. Can't wait to see ya! Hope the booth cooperates!

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny...I can just picture the state you were in! Don't lose your pants!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey em..sounds like a great time!

ummm...I am fessing up here, instead of by phone. We are headed to big d this weekend. I KNEW you were going to be gone, but by time we worked through the summer weekends, it was either this one or next one. And next one I am scrapping with debbie schuh. Plus greg is off on friday, so we don't have to turn around so quickly.

Sorry we will miss you, love you bunches, can't wait to read about your cha fun!

kim


ps my verification word is EM and some random other letters :)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home