Thursday, July 20, 2006

CHA & unveiling the makeover...

I am headed off to Chicago tonight for CHA Summer. My friends go...."ooooooooh Chicago, must be nice" Well, yes, I am extremely thankful for every single day I can work in this industry, but to clarify this is all of Chicago I'm probably going to see. That is the glorius Stevens Convention Center the site of this CHA {again}. It's in the O'Hare airport complex - so I will see airport-shuttle-hotel-shuttle-convention center {reverse, repeat}. So it's not quite as glam when you look at it from that perspective.

I will be debuting the new look I have going on. I got contacts last week after 6 1/2 years of glasses. They're great...I forgot about my addiction to sunglasses. I immediately rushed out and bought a pair!

Then I went a step further...I went to Ashley's hairdresser Irina this morning and got a great cut and "golden beige" highlights. Um - in case you didn't catch that there is blonde on my head. I haven't dyed my hair in about 10 years...so it's a little wierd. But good. Irina is very talented & very, very honest. In her heavy Ukranian accent she said "I not your friend, say things to make you feel good about yourself. I your hairdresser. I tell truth." So she told me that my forehead is way too narrow and that I should wear bangs to cover it up. According to her I'm all soft now and my giant cheeks are all balanced.

Oh - and I got skirts {that aren't ankle length!}. Enough said.

I'm leaving the laptop at home, but taking my camera. I'll do a whole review when I get home {which will be pretty late Sunday night}. While I'm gone my inlaws will be crashing at our house. This is the weekend of the Adams family reunion up in Bonham. I hate to miss it, but Matt's family is really good about getting together. They have 2 official reunions a year and about 4-6 other all-family shindigs. I won't miss the heat, though...it's been running over 100 all week {even into the night} and the humidity has been 30 - 50% {ugh}. Chicago isn't predicted to go over 78 while I'm there. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh..............

oh, about the blog...I got all the links back up! the header will follow...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kandice said...

OH so sad that I can't join you this time... but have fun workin it. And make sure to have some Giordano's for me! And if you have room, you can bring me a pizza (the special) as carry on. ha. Have fun! Talk to you soon!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Hi, Emily! Can't wait to meet you @ CHA! Hopefully I can see you @ your booth but if not, I will be @ the 2Peas event! Safe journey, MargieH in Chicago

2:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

uhmmm PICTURES?? I'm dying to see your new photo pictures! Have oodles of fun in chicago!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kandice said...

I can't wait to hear about CHA! Email me chica!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home