Saturday, July 15, 2006

Where did the time go???

I did get up and get some work done this morning, but this afternoon was all about family...We headed up to Murphy today for my niece, Elyssa's 11th birthday party...they had all just had makeovers at Club Libby Lu - which explains the glitz. It seems like only yesterday that I met their mom on my first day of work at the now-long-gone Storkland. We became instant friends. I always thought she would be perfect for my oldest stepbrother, Chuck...and it turns out she was {yes, I introduced them - smartest match I ever made, not counting my own}. We figured out Terrie & I have been friends for 16 years now. When did these girls get so big? Elyssa turned 11 & will be in sixth grade next month...Sarah is 7 and will be going into 2nd grade.

It was a really nice afternoon. We stayed at least an extra hour visiting with my dad, Terrie & the girls. I love hanging out and talking with my dad.

It was so darling...the girls asked me and to be their Godmother {a title I get to share with my stepsister Nancy - I told her I'd take them on weekends & holidays and she could deal with adolescence and paying for college - LOL}. Both girls had their best friends there, but Sarah's friend was like her shadow {so cute - they dressed alike and everything}. They all piled on their Uncle Matt & managed to keep him pinned down for a few minutes...he's so sweet letting them beat him mercilessly like that {goodness, I have a cute husband!}.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a cute pic of matt with the girls! congrats, (non-fairy)godmother!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home