Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Celebrating my inner Spice Girl...


I love pepper. All kinds of pepper...as a matter of fact I'm a spice junkie.

I got a box of salt-free spice blends in the mail yesterday that I ordered and it made my day. Recently Ashley gave me some sf spices she had & I bought the cutest little containers for them...I seem to buy at least one bottle of spices a week too - I cook a lot.

Here's my list of favorite spices & what I do with them:
Black Pepper - on everything
Lawry's Coarse Garlic Powder with Parsley - all vegetables & lots of other stuff
Parsley - to balance the garlic
Tarragon - with chicken or chicken soups
Cumin Seed - mexican food
Oregano, Sage & Thyme - italian food
Basil - italian & bacon cups!
Dill - fish
Mrs. Dash - original, garlic & herb, tomato-basil-garlic, onion & herb, southwestern chipolte, steak seasoning, lemon pepper and all the marinades
Carribean Jerk marinade - jambalaya
Cinnamon, mace & nutmeg - applesauce

One other thing I noticed...at any given time I have 4 kinds of hot sauce, 2+ salsas, 4+ vinegars and 3+ mustards in the fridge. I think Gordon Elliot's show Doorknock Dinners made a huge impression on me when I was a newlywed & my kitchen is always ready...even though the show's off the air now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

LOVE today's subject - it made me laugh! I seriously LOVED the Spice Girls. I have to admit though, I'm a cooking spice junkie. Love what you use yours for, I'll have to think about mine!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home