Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Mr. Fix-It



My adorable husband constructed this banister for the steps on our front porch to make it easier for my parents to get in & out of our house. Here he is demonstrating how strong it is...








I HEAR: Missy Higgins & Ben Folds in concert!
Meg & I went to see Ben Folds at the Palladium last Thursday & it was a blast!!! I even ran into an old friend there (as a matter of fact I swiped this pic off his blog since I forgot my camera).

So, if you're not familiar with either artist, I put together a little playlist for you to listed to. Great stuff - hope you enjoy it!

I TASTE: Mock/Crock Chicken Pot Pie
I came up with a great new recipe this week that was a huge hit with my family so here it is:

Chop the following: chicken thighs, yellow onion, fresh garlic, carrots, celery & potatoes.

Add to crock pot with 1 can cream of chicken & herb soup, 1/2 a jar of chicken gravy & water. Add black pepper, tarragon & sage. Cook on low all day.

Create a roux
with butter & flour and add milk. Stir into crock pot to thicken.

Make jumbo flaky layer biscuits. Split them in half and place on top of bowls of the chicken mixture. It's a great (and easy) alternative to pot pies!

I TOUCH: Clutter
I started a real thorough de-clutter yesterday. I got through 2 rooms, which is not as far as I wanted to get, but really makes me feel like I accomplished something.

I SMELL: Breakfast
We are not really breakfast people. But with my dad staying here, I've been making him breakfast every morning. Raisin bread toast smell like "morning" now - it's different.

NEXT SUNDAY...
Be sure to come back next week when I'll be celebrating A YEAR OF SUNDAYS!!!! Can you believe I've kept this up every Sunday for a year?!?!?!? I'll be doing a big giveaway as well as my usual post. See you next week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

hey emily...check out my new page i'm starting. wanna be on it??? http://www.funkyfinds.us/funky-found.html

2:07 PM  
Blogger JustDevin said...

Thief! Picture swiper!

You didn't leave the show, missing the second encore, didja?

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home