Thursday, October 23, 2008

On My Desk Thursdays...

Inspired by one of my favorite sites, On My Desk, I have decided to share a photo of whatever is on my desk {whether it's art in progress or a gigantic mess} every Thursday. This week it's...

My mom's sewing box. It's one of those random things I gathered from her house after she passed away. It's been "missing" in my house for over a year now. I guess Matt tried to do a button repair when I was out of town & it ended up in his stuff...doesn't matter. The point is I found it this week and it was such a pleasant surprise. I've kept it out. I love all the old needle cards...when was the last time needles were 40 cents anyway??? The needle book with the vintage illustration of the little sewing girls is my favorite. It's sitting on some oilcloth that I absolutely HAD to have {about six months ago & that I still haven't done anything with}. I even dreamed about it the other night - so I'm keeping it out, just in case I actually have time to do something fun!

So, what's on your desk? Post a link & let me know if you're playing along - I'd love to look at your desk too! Or just hop on and say hi. I know you're reading. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute idea! I will have to take a pic of my desk tonight, if I have time. =o)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Chimene said...

I love this!!! What a treasure to have!!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home