Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sunday...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses once a week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE:


I HEAR:
A radio scanner. Matt's loves listening to police calls - he had a scanner for years until one of his brothers broke it {I'm not naming names - starts with a D...}. As a matter of fact my mom used to have a scanner too & we would stay up late on summer nights crafting & listening to the police...{strange, but true}. So Matt & I broke down and got a scanner. The minute we turned it on it was like instant flashback, comforting somehow - like mom was here with us. Cool.

I TASTE:
Savory chocolate - Jen introduced me to it. She gave me a sampling of one of her chocolate finds at Central Market and it blew me away!!! Redstone's Milk Chocolate with Salted Peanuts and Jalapenos. WOW! So I've decided I'm on a mission. This shouldn't be hard to recreate. All I'll need is salted peanuts, good milk chocolate and dried jalapeno flakes. I thought I could make it like I do almond bark - spread the peanuts on a baking sheet, pour melted chocolate over it & sprinkle on the jalapeno flakes before it sets...can't wait to try this.

Now - here's something so easy I made this weekend. Matt wanted me to make breakfast Saturday & I had no idea what to do so I got a can of croissant dough out of the fridge and on half the triangles I added a small dab of sour cream & a dab of jelly {some with peach preserves, others with strawberry jam - just what I had on hand} before I rolled them up. On the other triangles I put a small amount of nutella. I baked them and it was like instant stuffed pastries - they were so yummy & Matt loved them!

I TOUCH:
Vitamin E Oil & some awesome lotion with topical ibuprofen that my physical therapist introduced me to. As my scar is healing it's been getting really tight & I've been rubbing stuff into it constantly. And ice packs - the better it gets, the harder they're working my arm & pain's been a big problem this week.

I SMELL:
Irish Spring. Target was out of our usual shower soap so I got Irish Spring instead. And I don't like it as much. I prefer "mountain" scent instead of "meadow" {whatever that really means...}. I really prefer Dove White bars over every soap smell, but we've been using the liquid lately - the dial in the dark blue bottle. It's different than Dove, but yummily clean in it's own way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo. this is fun and becoming a habit. another sensational sunday completed for me. thank you again for the inspiration.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home