Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can you count the breaks???

So, this is what we know...

Four breaks going across the bulb of my humerus. They don't show up in the x-ray because it's been jigsawed back together perfectly {go doc}. Now the eight short screws were a surprise. But, as he said - four breaks, 4 sets of screws...I mean I knew there were screws - but eight?

Now, not only was this next one a complete surprise, it answered a major question I had. There's a fifth break on one of the bones below the elbow! Somehow I hadn't heard anything other than humerus-this and humerus-that. That finally explains that long screw which seemed so unnecessary before - I just thought it was part of the overall apparatus.

No wonder I have so much bruising below the elbow. Also must be why it's so sensitive when I rest my elbow on anything.

Good news - I did not re-break it last week {which was actually a concern for a few days after a particularly painful pt session}. There's just another break that I {and my physical therapist} didn't know about...interesting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

wow....when you do something you do it all the way.
I sure hope your recovery continues on course!!!!

Take care,

Renee

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, you really don't do things by halves. I hope your arm mends quickly.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Scrappy Running Me said...

that's some major breakage there. too bad you can't use Zig or an ATG on your elbow!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"humerus-this and humerus-that" and then #5 not as "humorous" (ho ho).

Jim Sox

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home