Monday, August 06, 2007

Jen's challenge...

Jen is playing a get to know you better game on her blog...you tell her a random fact about yourself, then she asks each participant 5 unique questions and then you have to answer them on your own blog...so here are my answers:

1. Describe your dream kitchen. Ummmm, wow, I could go on & on....of course, lots of room. At least one big comfy chair and a nook where I could read while I was baking or where a friend could curl up and talk to me while I was cooking. I need a warming drawer and a TV with a DVD player so I could watch dvds while I prep & cook. Extra large fridge & freezer, the stove from Rachel Ray's show kitchen (love it's retro-fabulousness) - as a matter of fact kind of the look and feel of the kitchen in her 30-minute meals show...I'm gadget & appliance obsessed. And as long as I'm living the fantasy I'd like a professionally tended kitchen garden out the side door.

2. If I could have one last "amazing" meal in life, I would eat ______ cooked by ________ because ________.
I might be "playing this wrong"...but for me it's more about the memories than the combination...
- Porcupine Meatballs made by my grandfather - because he made the best ones I've ever had and the recipe died with him when I was 14 years old.
- Orange jello with shredded carrots in it - not because I like it, but because I associate it with my uncle & it makes him happy.
- I would make chicken cacciatore & bacon cups - because that way I can guarantee my whole family would show up.
- My aunt Carol's creamed spinach; Amy's pastas & Meg's deserts.
- Sharon's wonderful pea salad (a requirement for every holiday).
- My dad's one eyed Egyptian sandwiches - because he's the coolest!
- Matt's grilled cheese or bacon & eggs, because he the master of those foods in our house.
- My mom's angel food cake - because it was the best I've ever had and I miss her so much and it was her specialty.
I would choose to eat with my family and if I could turn back time I would want it to be amid the clutter of my mom's old house, squeaky chairs and all, because that symbolizes to me.

3. I've always wanted to travel to these five places....
Japan, Greece, Italy, France, Brazil
close runners up: Germany, Russia, Spain, Scotland, Australia

4. Television show that people would be surprised to know you like.
Southpark - I'm a diehard fan.

5. Desert Island or Guilty Pleasure? (Oh wait, scratch that....)REAL 5. The book I've always wanted to read but haven't gotten to yet is....
Gone With the Wind. I've never read it without taking significant breaks (stopping and reading something else in between) - I want to read it straight through.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know my dad's Porcupine Meatballs recipe. When I made them last I checked for variations of ingredients on the internet. His version was different.

Dad

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

Gone with the Wind...ahh... that was my favorite book in 7th grade. I think I read it 4 times, followed by the "sequel", Scarlett. I have no idea what possessed me to read a book that large when I was a teen, but I sure loved it... Maybe I should dig it up and we can plow through it together!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

I've actually read Scarlett...twice. I have them both on my bookshelf!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home