Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to life, back to reality...


These greeted me when I came into the office this morning. What a wonderful way to come home from a show.

We all slept in this morning & dragged in around noon. There's always so much to do post-show. I made a spreadsheet of all the follow-ups I had to do based on the notes from my business cards, figured out an ad that's due tomorrow & cleaned up my desk.

I also had to get back in the "back at home" groove - talked to the family, sorted mail, paid bills, went grocery shopping, caught up some on the DVR, got Chinese food and - most importantly - bought the Harry Potter book. I plan to start tonight - that is, as soon as I find my cell phone charger for my nearly dead phone...

There was almost "an incident" on my flight. When we landed & were allowed to turn on our phones I heard a "lady" a few rows behind me say, "...yeah, yeah. I finished it on the plane and XXXXX died & so did..." I gasped, let out a little yell, rocketed around, flipped out & shot her the dirtiest look!!!!!! {If you haven't guessed she spilled the beans about one of the characters who died in the HP book - the little witch - no pun intended}.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely. You would be proud to know that I took elyssa, nikki and a friend to the midnight release and bought the book for Elyssa's bday. I also bought one for sharon for her bday.

Looks like you had a great time in chicago (i love that town). Sorry we missed you this weekend, I will plan better one day soon!

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn spoilers. We would have had another incident if that had been me. I hope she didn't ruin the book for you...what a heinous beast.

Karin--with an 'i'

7:54 AM  
Blogger Yellow Fence said...

No she didn't give it away on a plane full of people. I almost can't believe how stupid some people are!!!

Shannon

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT A WITCH!
I have been staying clear of all HP talk so that nothing is ruined for me. I've got about 1/4 of the book left...I would never spoil it for anyone - what a turd she was!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

What did she say when you yelled at her? What a dumbass. EVERYONE on my plane (except me) had a copy - no kidding.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

she gave me one of those Jerry Springer guest dirty looks, like - "whatever, whatever - no-you-din't-just-freak-on-me-on-the-plane-@#&*!-it's-on-if-you-don't-turn-around-right-now!"

So I did turn around, but she got the point and said "I'll have to call you later"

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have done more than give the witch a dirty look! How inconsiderate and rude of her to speak outloud about THE BOOK that 1/2 the plane was either reading or had not yet begun.

I spent all day Tuesday saying good-bye to Harry Potter. I finished the book and have now wiped my tears. WHEW. Now I can once again log onto the internet and go out in public. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm now reading it again... just because!

3:10 PM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

Waving HI!

It was such a pleasure to meet you at the fabulous LUXE PARTY!

Have a great week!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Tanya Nichols said...

heya emmie,
Tis Tanya and I read it on the way home from the show...I was the lady curled up in my seat on my flight laughing to myself and gasping...
AWESOME AWESOME book...

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home