Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Checking the tank...

I got my pacemaker callibrated again yesterday. It's strange to think about the fact that I now run on battery power. For the first time I got to see my "gas gauge" {that's what the tech called it & I imagined the one on the left - of course it was just a bar graph...oh well}. I'm just above 3/4 of a tank, where I should be. However for the first time it seemed very real that this thing will need the batteries replaced {i.e. getting cut open again}. So we had a good talk about how the replacement goes. If I stay on track I should have almost another 4 years to go. Everything's going great otherwise. It's doing all of the pacing {no surprise there}, but my heart has strengthened to a point the device is doing >1% of the actual work. It's never gone off. My bp is down to 112/73 {in my heyday it was around 280/220}. Things are good. I'm a regular pin cushion, though - they're running a bunch of blood work so I've been poked a lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

Glad to hear things are going on track with you ... 3/4 full! That's always good. It's good for my van.. so it's gotta be good for your heart. :D

12:01 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

That's great news Emily! You have such a "big heart" and I think that regardsless of what the gas gauge says it is really completely full. Here's to your health!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

So glad it all went good- you are a miracle! Love ya!

7:44 PM  
Blogger scrappaleica said...

Emily, I'm so glad to hear you are doing well,I think of you often.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home