Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A serious case of the Christmas crud...

Well, I'm sick. Or sick-ish. I have that sore throat-congestion out of control-slightly nauseous ick I get every year right after Christmas. Usually I blame it on the pollen {I'm very allergic to Christmas trees & suffer when they're trucked into the city}...but this year I'm blaming it on Matt. He came down with a 2-day version of the crud on Christmas day and was too sick to do Christmas...He's a little better & I'm just starting....ugh. I hate it when we're both under the weather - especially at such a busy time of year.

My uncle & Meg were in a minor {well - not so minor to the car} accident on Christmas Eve. Thank God they are both all right. They were broadsided on the way to the Christmas Eve service by an unliscensed driver...Meg was a rock getting all her info {she was a little confused when she was presented with an ID instead of a DL - being 15 she doesn't have either yet and didn't know the difference at first}.

Other than that...I've been staying crazy busy in spite of how I'm feeling...and by the way, this holiday season brought 4 new additions to my nutcracker collection - my favorite was chosen by my father - it lights up & plays music!!!
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

wow, sounds like ya'll have had your plate full. hope you feel better asap! peace & joy to you & yours in '07.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PHEW! So glad to hear that your uncle & Meg were OK! But so sorry to hear that you & Matt were under the weather! Feel better SOOON!!!! Happy Holidays! MargieH in Chicago

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home