Thursday, December 14, 2006

Peppers & Papers...


Peppers
Originally uploaded by emilykhadams.
Another day, another scrapping adventure. I feel like the Queen Procrastinator Extraordinaire. I am working on several pages & cards to contribute to a book and am so close to being done...but I feel tapped out. I took a break and did "real work" for a while this afternoon & am on a serious creative roll now. I have so much work to do - I could work all day & night and might not be finished in time. I think I'm going to take the easy way out with Christmas presents this year - I'm just not feeling it.

I cooked something new tonight & it was a huge hit with Matt...these are the best Stuffed Bell Peppers I've ever had:

4 green or red bell peppers
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 lb of lean ground beef
1 1/2 cup of cooked rice
1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 tsp of dried oregano
Fresh ground pepper
shredded mozzerella
parmesean
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
Dash of Tabasco sauce

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut top off peppers 1 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds. Add several generous pinches of salt to boiling water, then add peppers and boil, using a spoon to keep peppers completely submerged, until brilliant green (or red if red peppers) and their flesh slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain, set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Brown meat and add rice, tomatoes, and oregano, then season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in shredded mozzerella and parmesean.
3. Drizzle 1 tbsp. oil inside peppers, arrange cut side up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling. Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, then spoon over filling. Add 1/4 cup of water to the baking dish. Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home