Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Emily's adventures (i.e. - a real day off)...

I took the day off. Not in a hospital; not to be sick; a day for me. When was the last time that happened? Matt's on vacation & he ran around with me all day...

I had my CRT in the morning & it took a couple of hours. Highlights: my heart functon has doubled since the pacemaker went in (my e.f. is up to a 42-45); my kidneys are almost to normal functioning levels (they halved my diuretics again); and apparently my heart has been super responsive to the device - they say it's because I'm so young...so I go back in 3 months for a check up & 6 months for another CRT session. OH - and I got it in writing that I have no travel restrictions & my lifting limit has been raised from 20 lbs. to 50 lbs - sweet. Matt was surprised to see my heart on the monitors during the procedure - I had a special kind of echo cardiogram (like a color sonogram).

After that we went to IKEA for lunch (right around the corner from the doc) & some intended shopping. BTW - the dining room chairs I picked out are very uncomfortable, so we bought light bulbs, a floor mat & some spice jars...

Talked to Ginger today. The baby is doing great & Ginger's a little tired, but fine. When I asked her what I should send her for a baby gift....she came up with this bright idea (for the woman who has everything) since she can't buy them in Cincinnati...what a riot!

Then straight to our CPA to do our taxes...who's a riot...he's in his eighties & he felt up my pacemaker. We went over all the paperwork & he said he was too busy to do them today (it was 4 & he wanted to eat his lunch before a dinner he had to go to at 5). So verdict tomorrow...

Home for a great 1 hour nap 5:30 - 6:30.

Since we saved so much money not buying chairs, we had dinner at Pappasito's and split our favorite the Plato Del Mar with beef instead of chicken - aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... now it's couch & cable...this is the best...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO great numbers! Glad to hear you are feeling so good.

kim

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home